Cinco de Mayo Nachos!
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Here are some super easy, yet amazing looking cupcakes for you!
They may look intense, but trust me, they are a piece of cake =]
First, my main ingredients….minus some flour tortillas!
1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 cup mllk
1 teaspoon sour cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, cinnamon,, eggs, oil and milk. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
Add your eggs, milk, sour cream, oil and cinnamon to the cake mix, and bake!
While the cupcakes are baking, take 2-5 flour(or corn) tortillas and cut them into chip like triangles.
Place them on a lined baking sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake until crispy, about 5-10 minutes.
See, crispy sweet chips =]
Cupcakes are done!
Next, your buttercream!
3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3-6 cups powered sugar, depending on taste desired
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
yellow food coloring
1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth in electric mixer.
2. Add powered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon & food coloring and beat until fluffy. Add heavy cream, mix on slow to achieve a softer, more nacho-cheese looking frosting. I used a piping bag and plain round tip to frost, the more abstract and messy, the better!
Cinna-cream cheese in place! Ready for some toppings =]
I cut the red parts off of gummy worms to make some “tomato”
Cut some watermelon sour straws for my green onion!
One thing I forgot a picture of is raspberry preserves, used for the “salsa”!
Place about 3 chips on each cupcake, then sprinkle with nacho toppings!
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!